Thursday, March 11, 2010

Miracle dog


Wow you think life is ticking along pretty well... been making jam (plum perfect, apricot maybe burnt);... dealing with having bronchitis and feeling pretty bad but doing ok;... planning the trip to Dallas as a major nerd...then wham (and this is from an unexpected quarter). Our daughter was taking dog #2 (only one year old) out for a run on the beach when we get a phone call "I've lost him, he was there and then he was gone". Frantic searching from all of us, calling, retracing steps, recriminations from me about some of her decsions about letting a puppy off the leash by a 50ft cliff.

Devastated, we go home. I look up the Council website to register him missing and see that a dog that sounds like him has been found. Yes it is he!! Two kilometres from where he was lost, traumatised and in shock. We pick him up from the wonderful people who found him and cared for him. He is limping. Emergency vet says he has been hit by a car. At the moment he is at the vet on a drip and having Xrays. Vet is pretty sure he is a miracle dog and will be OK. Thank you God!!

The people who found him spent half an hour chasing him on a busy road, marvelling at how the cars missed him. It is a miracle - do dogs have angels??

I can't believe how much I love this animal. We have another dog (and have had another previously) but there is something about this little black maniac that I have competely fallen in love with. I felt as though one of my children were missing. He is the one who follows me everywhere and thinks I am #1. and I am so glad that he has been found. (OK I know I need therapy)

4 comments:

  1. oh man that sounds devastating! Let us know the vet verdict today, big fingers crossed he's ninja-ed his way out of any serious damage...
    Bet Nicole's in shock too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possibly fell down the cliff which fits his sudden disppearance. He has a deflated lung so is having another Xray. Feeling a bit sorry for himself this morning

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww I'm feeling sorry for him toooo! We knew he was a flyer but 50ft is a bit extreme!
    Good luck with the xrays, you still off to Wellington for the weekend? Need us to help keep an eye on him or anything?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully still off to Wellywood. Nicole will be around (hopefully with her brain in this time)but thank you for the offer and I'll let you know if he needs a TLC co-ordinator.

    ReplyDelete